Replacing old cboot with new customised cboot

What is the python version of your host?

Are you using the default BSP without changing anything even the cboot?

python --version
Python 2.7.18

Yes i am using freshly installed BSP with default cboot

hmm. Could you use the sdkmanager here and see if you can flash the board?

Can i run it on Ubuntu 20.04?

Sorry, only ubuntu 18.04.

Hi wayne,
I tried flashing using latest sdk manager and i think i am getting the same error.I am attaching the sdk log with this message
Thanks
NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_NX_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.log (68.2 KB)

Please tell me if you need any other log.

Just want to know. How many jetson NX do you have on your side? How many of them cannot get flashed?

I only have one and it’s flashing and working when i am using etcher to burn image to the sd card.Other methods are not working for me.

Etcher is not a good solution. It does not flash anything. The board was flashed by the factory. Sdcard image is just providing a file system to the board.

Please see if you have other ubuntu 18.04 host that can do the flash work.

Keep in mind that the SD card model of the NX (the dev kit) also has QSPI memory on the dev kit itself. Earlier releases depended on different content on the QSPI than do later releases. If the SD card content requires QSPI content other than what is actually there, then the SD card cannot work. It is true that all of the more recent releases use the same QSPI content, and so there are some SD card flashes which don’t need the dev kit to also be flashed, but that is only if the QSPI is at the right release (and if not, then the dev kit itself needs flashing, and Balena Etcher cannot do that).

Hi Wayne,
NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_NX_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.log (69.7 KB)

It’s still not working I think i am getting the same error.Attaching the log .
Thanks

Thanks for that information.

Do you have any colleagues or friends who have a host PC that has validated that it can flash jetson NX without problem?

I tried flashing it before and it worked at first then i tried changing the cboot file and and flashed it again after that i was not able to flash it.

You tried to flash it before but you told us you used etcher. Which one is correct?

I did both.At first i used etcher after that i completed the configurations by connecting the board to a display.Then I added some print statement to cboot source and i compiled it.After that i changed the name lk.bin to cboot_t194.bin and placed it in the bootloader dir,then i ran flash.sh and the flash was successful but my changes were not reflected in the cboot console so i flashing again after then it was not flashing.

Do you have the flash log at that time when you flash cboot?

And is your host machine a VM?

No i don’t