Replicator YAML inheritance broken

When I add the following to the top of my YAML file:

profiles:
  - /workspaces/Surveily.Datasets.Generator.Omniverse/src/Surveily.Omniverse.Assets/worker.yaml

I get an error during generation:

2024-02-22 18:06:55 [10,806ms] [Error] [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-94' coro=<ReplicatorYAMLExtension._autorun() done, defined at /isaac-sim/extscache/omni.replicator.replicator_yaml-2.0.4+lx64/omni/replicator/replicator_yaml/scripts/replicator_yaml_extension.py:87> exception=TypeError('list indices must be integers or slices, not str')>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/isaac-sim/extscache/omni.replicator.replicator_yaml-2.0.4+lx64/omni/replicator/replicator_yaml/scripts/replicator_yaml_extension.py", line 112, in _autorun
    parse(yaml_script, root_dir=root_dir, nucleus_server=nucleus_server)
  File "/isaac-sim/extscache/omni.replicator.replicator_yaml-2.0.4+lx64/omni/replicator/replicator_yaml/scripts/parser.py", line 436, in parse
    parser = Parser(yaml_path=yaml_path, root_dir=root_dir, nucleus_server=nucleus_server)
  File "/isaac-sim/extscache/omni.replicator.replicator_yaml-2.0.4+lx64/omni/replicator/replicator_yaml/scripts/parser.py", line 63, in __init__
    self.solve_inheritance(self.params)
  File "/isaac-sim/extscache/omni.replicator.replicator_yaml-2.0.4+lx64/omni/replicator/replicator_yaml/scripts/parser.py", line 140, in solve_inheritance
    for profile_path in params["profiles"]["value"]:
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

@pcallender @dennis.lynch @wilfried.rakow please help me because the documentation seems to be out of date. I have tried to add the value property to profiles but then the inheritance simply doesn’t do anything.

Hi @Turowicz , you can change it to this:

profiles:
    property: file_path
    value:
         - /workspaces/Surveily.Datasets.Generator.Omniverse/src/Surveily.Omniverse.Assets/worker.yaml

This should be working.

1 Like

Thank you I will try this.