Request: GPU Memory Junction Temperature via nvidia-smi or NVML API

i registered after a few month following this thread.

my only question is “when NVIDIA?” i bet a bunch of people finding this topic by searching on google… and a lot of them dont register.

Take 2 minutes of your time, register and write something, more voices expressing the need for this feature would go a long way.

3 Likes

Hi @wpierce
can you please provide an ETA?

Thanks

5 Likes

NVIDIA make us happy please! :)

3 Likes

It’s been a couple of months @wpierce, could we have an update on the status please? Has there been any progress?

4 Likes

@wpierce we miss you.

Hopefully you retrieve one of our messages we’ve sent via carrier pigeon and wine bottles regarding this concern.

Please come home, the village is thriving but is only missing this tiny temperature sensor feature for our advanced Linux-based navigation syste- I mean wooden row boat… eh-hem… yes… row boat.

Our boat cabin gets quite hot and it would help with diagnosing the issues so we’re not stuck at see trying to locate your missing ship, @wpierce .

Hopefully one day we will meet again and have a glorious meal at the king’s table after seeking to your safe travels back with the mystical feature you have left in search for.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Jumping in here because this is highly relevant for DL people.

Any status updates on this? Seems like it has been a while.

5 Likes

+1. Any updates?

2 Likes

It really takes half a year to develop a feature that already exists on the Windows platform? Really? Nvidia - please, update us on the subject!

4 Likes

I paid for ur card about 2 salary from work(i live in poor country) and u cant add a stupid temp check to Linux ??? Thats a joke or what ?

4 Likes

Apparently, the gpu system has structure to measure the MEMORY temperature, or HWMONITOR would just be guessing, doing some kind of algorithm that uses fan speed, core temperature ° and guesses the temperature of the MEMORY.

1 Like

NVIDIA please update, we need this ASAP!!!

2 Likes

I paid like 10 salaries for my 3090 but it seems that NVIDIA don’t care

6 Likes

nvidia how long can you wait for such a necessary function?

4 Likes

+1 We really need this ! Nvidia ? Is there anyone here ???
I Guess they’re all sleeping in there pool filled with our dollars bills and no one cares about us anymore (poor unsatisfied customers)

5 Likes

Guys, please upvote the post to get more attention from Nvidia. Maybe this will help to get a reply to this topic.

3 Likes

nVidia still pissed @ Linus for this!

linus-torvalds-linus

6 Likes

+1 This is something really useful - especially since it’s needed due to NVIDIA hardware limitations / behaviour.

4 Likes

This is a simple as F feature yet NVIDIA is still hanging us up for almost half year, does nothing for no reason and not even giving a F for our needs.
NVIDIA WHAT THE F YOU DOING, busy hacking your LHR limiters for comercial miners?

3 Likes

Any update on this? its been half a year already!

6 Likes