[Requirement] Activate maintain-aspect-ratio option for Gst-nvdspreprocess Component

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version 8.0.4
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 11.4
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) new requirements
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hello
I left an issue the other day that there was a bug in the Full Frame Inference result using Gst-nvdspreprocesses.

When I looked again after some time, I looked at the scale_and_fill_data function in the file below and found that mainain-aspect-ratio was not activated. So, in the case of yolo detector series…, mainain-aspect-ratio should be activated due to letterbox(padding features), but an error occurred because there was no value for the key value. In other words, only variable values are declared.

/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/gst-plugins/gst-nvdspreprocess/gstnvdspreprocess.cpp

When I modified the code randomly, the above issue disappeared.
Please officially activate main-aspect-ratio and add Symmetric Padding option.

The gst-nvpreprocess plugin is totally open source for the users to customize any preprocessing with the framework. The “nvdspreprocess_lib” is a sample of how to customize the library. You can implement the main-aspect-ratio and add Symmetric Padding function by yourself. There is already a sample in gst-nvinfer sample code.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.