Resolution problems with the camera IMX219-77IR mounted on the jetson nano

Hello,

I’ve just bought the Waveshare camera,model IMX219-77IR and I’ve installed it on top of my jetson nano. I’m trying to make it work correctly following the wiki,here :

my problem is that every resolution I try,the video stream cannot be limited inside a window that’s smaller than the resolution of my monitor (hdmi 1920x1080) and for this reason when I run this command :

DISPLAY=:0.0** ** gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=800,** ** height=600, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)20/1' ! ** **nvoverlaysink -e

I can’t work ! I can’t do anything else,because the video stream cover all the windows that are under it. In addition,when I log inside the jetson nano with the nomachine client and I try to run the camera,I don’t see anything on the screen (I’m in headless mode). Is there a way to show what the camera sees in headless mode and with the video stream limited inside a window smaller than 1920x1080 ?

You can use others sink like xvimagesink instead of nvoverlaysink

Hi @marietto2008,

I don’t quite understand what does it mean “I don’t see anything on the screen (I’m in headless mode).”

AFAIK, headless mode means you connects no monitor/screen. This comment sounds a contradict.

I know. I don’t want to connect a monitor / screen to the nano,but I would like to see the video stream captured by the camera while I’m using Windows 10 where I have installed the no-machine client ; the no machine server is installed on the ubuntu 18 on the nano on top of xfce 4. I will mount the nano on a drone that will fly in the sky. It’s important that I see what the camera sees when I’m sitting in front of my workstation. This is the project that I’m working on :

https://www.hackster.io/jonmendenhall/jetson-nano-search-and-rescue-ai-uav-9ca547

Can you give me some documentation to learn how to do that ? thanks.

I think you file another topic for it, Please have a check the RTSP or v4l2loopback.

Hello.

thanks to you,all,finally I’ve been able to see what my camera (model waveshare ; IMX219-77IR) sees using nomachine and the v4l2loopback device,using these commands :

sudo rmmod v4l2loopback
sudo modprobe v4l2loopback exclusive_caps=1 video_nr=2
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=YUY2 ! identity drop-allocation=1 ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video2

I have also tested the cam with the browsers firefox and chromium on these websites :

Vidyard

Test my webcam - Vidyard

Go beyond traditional video hosting and unlock the power of video.

Est. reading time: 3 minutes

Online Mic Test

Webcam Test - Check Your Camera With Our Online Tool

Use this webcam test to check if your computer or phone camera is working and properly configured.

With Firefox,both the websites are not able able to work,but chromium does. That it works with the v4l2loopback device,but it’s not enough for me. Can some one explain to me how can I see what the cam sees while I’m using Windows ? that’s because in the project that I’m working on,the camera will be mounted on top of a drone and I would like to use Windows or Linux outside of nomachine,to display what the camera sees when the drone is flying. Keep in consideration that I will attach to the nano the “huawei e3372 4g” dongle to provide to the drone a mobile connection,instead of a wi-fi connection and this may have an impact to the performance of the encoder used.