[RESOLVED] make -j fails on crosscompilation drivework sample

Hello All,

After having installed without issues Driveworks throught the DriveInstall, next step was to rebuild the set of sample to check that the host is correcly setup ( ubuntu 14.04).

so the in /usr/local/driveworks-0.2.1/sample/build I ran the cmake command wihtout issues.

but when I do the ‘make -j’ right after the cmake, it fails linking the libcuda.so.1 lib:

[ 33%] Linking CXX executable sample_camera_tracker
[ 35%] Linking CXX executable sample_rig_configuration
[ 36%] Linking CXX executable sample_occupancy_grid
[ 37%] Linking CXX executable sample_renderer
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcuda.so.1, needed by /usr/local/driveworks/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libdriveworks.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libnvcuvid.so.1, needed by /usr/local/driveworks/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libdriveworks.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

I’m suprised as I’ve added the path to libcuda.so.1 in LD_LIBRARY_PATH .

(in the .bashrc i’ve added: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/esi/Documents/nvidia/VibrantePDK/vibrante-t186ref-linux/lib-target:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH )

I’ve installed the out of box ubuntu 14.04 and used the latest cmake 3.8.

So i do not understand why it cannot find it, any ideas ?

thanks!

Hi again,

I succedded in compiling correcly following the tip from the following topic on this forum

Driveworks-0.2.1 build sample but cannot run on PX2 : https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/997207/driveworks/driveworks-0-2-1-build-sample-but-cannot-run-on-px2/

I add to do :

sudo chown -R $(whoami):$(whoami) /usr/local/driveworks-0.2.1/samples

and that was the trick :-)

Maybe this would be nice to add in the starting guide pdf ?

Thanks anyway!

Good day,

Fx

Hello fxjegaden,

Could you please update DriveWorks 0.3?
And please see below link, the file will give how to use DriveWorks and DPX2 with some examples.

Thanks, that’s the file I was looking into.

By the way you mention Driveworks0.3 but when I login to https://partners.nvidia.com there is only driveworks0.2.1 available

can you please update it or tell me where to find this new release ? thanks

Hello fxjegaden,

Could you download DriveInstall 4.1.6.1 Linux SDK via https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-drive-downloads?
You can download DriveWorks 0.3. Thanks.

Hello,

I also have the same problem as fxjegaden. As your advice, I had update DriveWorks 0.3 on host PC but the cross-compile doesn’t succeed. The problem is the same as following:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcuda.so.1, needed by /usr/local/driveworks/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libdriveworks.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libnvcuvid.so.1, needed by /usr/local/driveworks/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libdriveworks.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

And I didn’t find the libnvcuvid.so.1 in any directory. So could you give me any advice?

Regards

Hi,

@yaom : Were you able to solve this?

I am having the exact same issue. I have DriveWorks 0.3 as well.
I am getting the following warnings:

libcuda.so.1, needed by /usr/local/driveworks-0.3/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libdriveworks.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
libnvcuvid.so.1, needed by /usr/local/driveworks-0.3/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libdriveworks.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

I am unable to find libnvcuvid.so.1 anywhere on my system either.

P.S.: I am using nsight.

Thanks

Dear yaom, ana9017,

Did you finish CUDA environment setup like below? Could you check it? Thanks.

======================
$gedit ~/.bashrc
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-8.0/bin/:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/targets/aarch64-linux/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

source ~/.bashrc nvcc --version

$ /usr/local/cuda-8.0/bin/cuda-install-samples-8.0.sh ~/

$cd ~/NVIDIA_CUDA8.0_Samples/1_Utilities/deviceQuery
make ./deviceQuery

Hi SteveNV,

I am getting following result after running ./deviceQuery

./deviceQuery Starting...

CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)

cudaGetDeviceCount returned 35
-> CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version Result = FAIL

All other setup is complete. .bashrc has required paths.

Dear ana9017,

It’s weird, did you check CUDA version with “nvcc --version”? Thanks.

Hi SteveNV,

Thanks for your help!

I was finally able to solve the issues.

So the path for libnvcuvid.so.1 file is

/usr/lib/<nvidia-driver-name>/libnvcuvid.so.1

For some reason, even after adding all the paths to bashrc, it was not able to find this file.

So, I created a symbolic link in /usr/local/driveworks/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/ for libnvcuvid.so.1

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/nvidia-352/libnvcuvid.so.1 /usr/local/driveworks/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/

After doing this, I just followed the steps provided by nvidia for building samples in the document: /usr/local/driveworks/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_samples_building.html

Everything working perfectly well now!

Note: @SteveNV: my CUDA version is 8.0