[RESOLVED] Power down of DPX2 ACh

Hello,

After reading the Drive docs and forum posts on safe shutdown of DPX2 (https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1016349/ and https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1029601/), I have the following questions:
(1) Should I execute the “shutdown -h now” command on both Tegra A and Tegra B?
(2) How exactly is the “power [a|b|ab] off” command executed through Aurix different from the “shutdown -h now” command executed on the Tegra devices?
(3) Is there also a guideline to safely turn off the Aurix device? Or do I just turn off the power supply?

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar

Dear sagar.kirtany,

(1) Should I execute the “shutdown -h now” command on both Tegra A and Tegra B?
(2) How exactly is the “power [a|b|ab] off” command executed through Aurix different from the “shutdown -h now” command executed on the Tegra devices?
(3) Is there also a guideline to safely turn off the Aurix device? Or do I just turn off the power supply?

Here’s how I suggest turning off the power.

1. Yes, execute “shutdown -h now” command on both Tegra A and Tegra B.
  2. On Aurix console, shell>power ab off : Even if you did the above, the actual TegraA&B will not be turned off. Therefore, turn off the TegraA&B in the second way.
  3. Turn off the power supply.

Thank you for your reply.

But this seems kind of wasteful in terms of the peripherals I need to attach to the dev kit for a safe power down sequence, isn’t it? Because this would require that I connect USB3.0 hubs (mouse+kb) for both Tegra cores, as also displays. So here is a query - hot-swap the USB3.0 hub and the HDMI cable from the Tegra A ports to the Tegra B ports, after I execute shutdown on Tegra A? Just wondering…

Dear sagar.kirtany,

How about turning off TegraA/B using the minicom on host PC? Thanks.

Dear Steve,

Are you saying that I can simply skip the Tegra shutdown and just use Minicom to safely power down the PX2?

Thanks.

Dear sagar.kirtany,

When all tasks are complete on TegraA/B, you execute “shut down - h now” via minicom on the Host PC to turn the Tegras power off. Thanks.

Dear Steve,

I am trying your recommendations without any cameras connected to my DPX2.

When I execute the shutdown command for Tegra A/B via Minicom, everything else looks alright, but the final three lines of the output show something like this:
[ XYZ.ABCDEF] reboot: Power down
Warn: TIMEOUT waiting for SCE Acknowledgement
Warn: Unclean SCE reset

Is this an indication of some trouble?

Thank you.

Hello,

Any update on this topic?

Thank you.

Dear sagar.kirtany,

We are checking the symptom and will update. Thanks.

Dear sagar.kirtany,

During shutdown, BPMP(Boot and Power Management Processor) server tries to get SCE acknowledgement by sending a mailbox interrupt.
This handshake was meant to ensure graceful shutdown of camera firmware.

Since safety firmware running in SCE doesn’t have a shutdown sequence, mailbox interrupt is ignored.
This leads to the error message in bug description.

Hello,

I don’t exactly know what SCE refers to, but I will find out. In the meantime, thank you for your help on this topic; I am marking this thread as RESOLVED.