RFP for Mobile Robot Controller

Hello!

I am a mentor and volunteer for FIRST and not affiliated with the organization in any other way. FIRST is a non-profit organization which teaches STEM through robotics with 3 programs, FIRST Robotics Competition, FIRST Tech Challenge, and FIRST Lego League. I am posting here just to see if it would be possible for NVIDIA to bid as a replacement Mobile Robot Controller for the FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge. Plenty of teams use Jetson’s already and love them! One team even setup ROS on it so we can control motors through the existing Mobile Robot Controller. FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge is a great way i think the Jetson team can continue (even more than they already do) to grow the ecosystem.

I am just posting this here to let the team and Jetson community here know about it and hopefully bid on the Request For Proposal.

Here is the link to the official document and blog post I really hope that there will be a Jetson as the Mobile Robot Controller in 2027

If you are unfamiliar with FIRST here are a few links to FIRST.

1 Like