Rotary Encoder - GPIO interrupts failing to fire

I know this topic is over a year old but, I was researching information to possibly read a LPD3806-360BM encoder with the Jetson Nano. Thought I would give it a try and see what my results were. Following along “bsmerbeck’s” outline, I downloaded/setup the gaugette.git file. I went to the rotary_encoder.py file to modify.
If I’m reading the information regarding the trigger() calls it should read – self.gpio.add_event_detect(self.[a_pin/b_pin], self.gpio.BOTH, callback=isr). However when I run the Test.py program, I get “invalid syntax” message pointing to [a_pin/b_pin]. Am I miss-reading that modification or leaving something out?
I’ve been using this encoder with a Raspberry Pi and wanted to try it with the Nano.
Thanks for the help.

Hi briansandy37,

Please help to open a new topic. Thanks

I wanted to follow up on this thread with my functional solution. As the signal noise was still a problem, I looked to see what could be done with the surrounding circuitry. By adding a schmitt trigger to the two signal lines, and returning to the 10kohm/0.1uF filtering RC, the signal is clean enough to be read consistently by the Jetson Nano.