RT - Kernel Jetson TX-NX

Hi,
I need to compile an RT kernel for a Jetson TX2-NX, I followed the explanations here to apply the patch. However during the compilation phase of zImage different compile errors appear, such as this:

/home/rpo/RT-Kernel/build/kernel/nvgpu/drivers/gpu/nvgpu/os/linux/platform_gk20a_tegra.c: In function ‘gk20a_tegra_get_emc_rate’:                                   
/home/rpo/RT-Kernel/build/kernel/nvgpu/drivers/gpu/nvgpu/os/linux/platform_gk20a_tegra.c:170:13: error: implicit declaration of function ‘clk_get_rate’; did you mean ‘clk_hw_get_rate’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]   
gpu_freq = clk_get_rate(g->clk.tegra_clk);
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                                                          
           clk_hw_get_rate                                                                                                                                                      

error taken at random from the entire error panel

These errors obviously block the rest of the Kernel installation (which is not very cool)

So I wanted to know if anyone knows why this kind of error occurs ?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hi @QC_RPO,

Welcome to the NVIDIA Developer forums! Looks like you posted in the wrong category, I will move this to the Jetson TX2 forum so support has visibility.

Have check this document to use Linaro 7.3.1 2018.05 toolchain.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html#

Thank you !

Yes, i’m using this toolchain for compile the Kernel.
[UPDATE] By carefully following the NVIDIA doc, the following error appears:

cp -u   arch/arm64/boot/dts/
cp: Missing target file operand after 'arch/arm64/boot/dts/'

But these directories are generated (I think) by the Makefile, knowing that this time there are no other errors

What does this command for?

This command is execute into supplied Makefile.
And it’s more of an error (or log) message provided during kernel compilation.

(Thank you for you responses)

[Update]:
When following these instructions provided by NVIDIA, the following errors occur.

/path/to/kernel/kernel-4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts/Makefile:119: target 'arch/arm64/boot/_ddot_'  given more than once in the same rule

This solution is described on another topic but in my case it doesn’t work, I admit I’m a bit at a loss for a solution. Can anyone think of a solution?

So the instruction at NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Software Features : Kernel Customization | NVIDIA Docs is not working on your case?

Exactly, in my case this instruction is not working.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

1. What’s the version?
  2. Did you confirm without problem before apply the rt patches?
    3.Run below sh file to apply the rt-patches instead of manually
    …/kernel/kernel-4.9/scripts/rt-patch.sh --apply-patches

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.