RTSP Camera feed for Jetbot not working

Hello World
I’m trying to stream the jetbot’s camera in a mobile application (in KivyMD)
I’m trying to stream via RTSP. Trying it out in terminal first but I’m getting a static screen.

I followed the steps in in the FAQ

I’m not sure what I’m missing. I’ve looked at some of the previous posts but nothing seems relevant to what I’m trying to do.
Also any advice on the best way to stream on mobile app would be appreciated!
Essentially what I’m trying to achieve with it is that I’ll add a stream and remote controls to be able to drive the jetbot manually.

Thank you!

Hi,
Please run the command and check if saved mkv file is good:

$ gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc num-buffers=150 ! nvv4l2h264enc ! h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test.mkv

If the video file is good, your camera source should be good. And probably KivyMD does not support RTSP. You can check and confirm it.

Hello, thank you for your support!
So it did save an mkv file successfully. However I haven’t gotten to kivy yet, I was trying to stream it on VLC.
I’m afraid it might be some configuration I’m missing?

Hi,
Please refer to steps in Jetson Nano FAQ and see if you can run this successfully:
Q: Is there any example of running RTSP streaming?

If yes, please try

$ ./test-launch "nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! nvv4l2h264enc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96"

May also try h265 encoding like:

$ ./test-launch "nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! nvv4l2h265enc ! h265parse ! rtph265pay name=pay0 pt=96"

I’m getting a no such file error.
Where is this file supposed to be?

Hi,
Do you download test-launch.c and build it? Seems like you don’t have the executable binary.

I did not. Is that something I’m required to do?

Hi,
Yes. test-launch is the sample app for setting up a RTSP server. Please download it and build/run it for a try.

So I did like you said,

but I get this error:
-Not sure where I can find the logs?

Hi,
Please replace 127.0.0.1 with IP address of Jetson Nano. You can execute $ ifconfig on Jetson Nano to get IP address.

Thanks DaneLLL This solved the issue!^^"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.