RTX 2080Ti Xorg hangs driver version 418.74

My system hangs when using RTX 2080Ti. This happens with Fedora 30 and RHEL 8. When I swap in my P2000 quadro card, it seems to run fine. It also seems to run find with the GTX 1080Ti, but I having done extra checking on the GTX 1080Ti card. When the XOrg was in a hung state, I got the following messages in my journal file. (i.e. journalctl -f gave me the following text…)

May 12 13:09:04 office01 kernel: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic or interrupt context
May 12 13:09:06 office01 kernel: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic or interrupt context
May 12 13:09:16 office01 kernel: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic or interrupt context
May 12 13:09:18 office01 kernel: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic or interrupt context
May 12 13:09:28 office01 kernel: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic or interrupt context

I don’t know how to attach a file to this post. I have the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz, if I could only upload it…

1 Like

Hovering the mouse over an existing post of yours will reveal a paperclip icon.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1043347/announcements/attaching-files-to-forum-topics-posts/

I’m having the same problem with 435.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post. You will have to rename the file ending to something else since the forum software doesn’t accept .gz files (nifty!).