Hey there, I’m have a few issues understanding your problem.
- Could you share the log. Use
sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh to generate it. It will be helpful to others and will conform to community guidelines.
- Could you share the Linux kernel version (get it using
uname -a) and the NVIDIA Drivers version (should be in your previous / working nvidia-smi output or in the logs generated above)
Right off my initial understanding, we can infer the following
- If you refer to the XID errors document, the XID error 45 is probably because of an abnormal application exit. XID 61 is an internal microcontroller issue (breakpoint / warning).
- Probably, the issue is that the driver isn’t getting initialized correctly.
Retry driver installation
If you’re using Ubuntu,
Additional Drivers application under
Software is an appropriate place to find and install compatible drivers. Try this:
- Install the
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau drivers through the app
- Reboot. You will not be able to use NVIDIA drivers yet.
- Install the appropriate drivers, you can try different ones in the menu, reboot, run
nvidia-smi and your app, and see which ones work.
Let’s see if this gets us closer to solving the issue.