RTX3090 not showing up / not active (Please help)

Dear Friends,

I just got some brand new 3090s and particular one card is troubling me.
The card appears normaly in Bios and even in lspci. However when I check nvidia-smi then the card is not showing up.

I have changed it into another montherboard and same issue. The Bios Setting are perfectly fine as the other cards work fine. I also changed the PCI slots and every kind of combination you can imagine.

In any case I am not able to activate the card. It can be a ROM issue or a hardware defect but you can imagine if I send this back to the shop they will check in Bios and then tell me card is working fine.

So before taking this up I would like to get some help from you if it is somehow possible to activate the card in a headless linux (even though it is headless nvidia-smi should show the card. The other 3 cards of the exact same model show up)

Just now I have installed the card as a single card on a new motherboard.

Here lspci |grep -E “VGA|3D” output

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GA102 [GeForce RTX 3090] (rev a1)

here nvidia-smi output
No devices were found

Driver installed is 470.74. The new driver or any other driver above and bellow 470.63 causes system to freeze with the 3090s.

Hope someone can help on that

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.