Run a project from a Host

Hi,
I want to launch project on my Jetson TX2 from Host, but I have a problem:

Last login: Tue Nov 21 14:58:11 2017 from 172.22.61.188
echo $PWD'>'
/bin/sh -c "cd \"/home/nvidia/host_pc_camera/Debug\";export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\"/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64\":\${LD_LIBRARY_PATH};\"/home/nvidia/host_pc_camera/Debug/host_pc_camera\"";exit
nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ echo $PWD'>'
/home/nvidia>
nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ /bin/sh -c "cd \"/home/nvidia/host_pc_camera/Debug\";export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\"/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64\":\${LD_LIBRARY_PATH};\"/home/nvidia/host_pc_camera/Debug/host_pc_camera\"";exit

(host_pc_camera:21674): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
****** tcambin serial=19710151 ! video/x-raw,format=BGRx,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=BGR !appsinklogout

It looks like you use “ssh” to connect to the shell.
When you do that, you need to set the DISPLAY environment variable to point to the local display:

export DISPLAY=:0

If the application is graphical - I would use x2go to deliver it from the host.

Yes, I use Nsight Eclipse Edition and “ssh” to connect to the shell.
I found it:
To ensure that the application runs on the correct display device, add this line to the top of the main function if not already there. This is not required on CUDA toolkit 8.0 samples.

setenv(“DISPLAY”, “:0”, 0);

It seems that you have the software “Nsight Eclipse Edition” installed at the Host and want to get it running at the Jetson itself.

I would install at the host x2goserver and at the Jetson x2goclient. The software has an option of delivering of an application over the ssh.

It turned out to be convenient to run at host and deliver to Jetson graphical applications that way, from my experience.

However, you are rather referring to the issues at the Host side related to the Nsight Eclipse Edition which seems to have a separate forum there: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/84/nsight-visual-studio-edition/