Run deepstream-app with blur and shadow when using ffmpeg to push rtsp

Hi

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) jetson nx
• DeepStream Version 5.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 4.4
• TensorRT Version 7
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) questions and bugs
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hi there is blur and shadow when i use ffmpeg to push mp4 video as rtsp and playing in deepstream . The rtsp is ok when i use vlc or gstreamer to play, but in the deepstream-app there will be a lot of blur and shadow , I think it is happen before the nvinfer function ,but i don’t know how to solve it.

There are some videos and pictures below:

I use this ffmpeg command
ffmpeg -re -stream_loop -1 -i C:\xxxxx\a.mp4 -vcodec h264 -acodec aac -strict -2 -s 640x360 -r 25 -f rtsp -rtsp_transport tcp rtsp://xxxx/test1

txt file
[source0]
enable=1
#Type - 1=CameraV4L2 2=URI 3=MultiURI 4=rtsp
type=4
uri=rtsp://xxxxxx/test1
num-sources=1
gpu-id=0
cudadec-memtype=0
rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec=20
select-rtp-protocol=4

[sink0]
enable=1
#Type - 1=FakeSink 2=EglSink 3=File
type=2
sync=0
source-id=0
gpu-id=0
nvbuf-memory-type=0
qos=0

Hi,
Please check if you can see good video playback in gst-launch-1.0 command:

$ gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=rtsp://xxxxxx/test1 ! nvoverlaysink

Thanks for your reply , I run this commond and it look the same in the deepstream-app.

I delete the “-r 25” and “-vcodec h264 -acodec aac” in the ffmpeg command, and then it work better and less shadow and blur. It seems that the original video is not the same fps with 25(there are two original videos one is 30fps,one is 12fps), and the IBP frame is not work well with “-r 25”.
But I still don’t know the exact reason.

Hi,
It should be an issue in network bandwidth/stability. Looks like the received stream is incomplete so it cannot be decoded well. You may try to reduce bitrate and check if it helps.

May also try to set up RTSP server through test-launch. Please refer to
Jetson Nano FAQ
[Q: Is there any example of running RTSP streaming?]

Thanks for your reply. I will check it.