Run python deepstream for a fixed duration

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.2
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version 8.5
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 525
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) question
Hi, I’m referring deepstream-rtsp-in-rtsp-out run with RTSP input, and try to modify it so that it can return MP4 file. But the problem is that if the INPUT is RTSP, which is infinite and there is no stop, which prevents me from saving an MP4 file. I wonder if there is any way to limit how long or duration the app can run, for example, 1 minute?

Seems “eos-on-shutdown”(corresponding to “-e” in gst-launch-1.0 command line) can help you solve your problem, there are two methods mentioned in this topic: Gstreamer pipeline hangs at EOS, sorry but we don’t have reference code for it.

@yingliu please correct me if I am wrong. I think that topic’s first approach proposes to use pipeline.send_event to send EOS signal. But no code shows how to do that. Do have any idea how to do it? Thanks

Just found some code snippet for your reference: _shutdown_pipeline in gstreamer-python/gst_tools.py at master · jackersson/gstreamer-python · GitHub .

given deepstream_test1_rtsp_in_rtsp_out app, how can we send _shutdown_pipeline signal? For example, 1 min from the time the app starts.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

I think a normal Python timer should be fine for this case.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.