Run time error on Fedora 9

I just set up CUDA on my laptop. The graphics card is Quadro NVS 140M. I’m using the nVidia driver 180.29 directly downloaded from nVidia website. I successfully passed the deviceQuery test in the SDK. However, when I ran the bandwidthTest, the program gave me the following message:
Running on…
device 0:Quadro NVS 140M
Quick Mode
Host to Device Bandwidth for Pageable memory
Transfer Size (Bytes) Bandwidth(MB/s)
33554432 1101.9

Quick Mode
Device to Host Bandwidth for Pageable memory
33554432 1175.2

Quick Mode
Device to Device Bandwidth
cudaSafeCall() Runtime API error in file <bandwidthTest.cu>, line 725 : out of memory.

I am wondering whether it is because of a bug in the device or other reasons? Informations are grealty appreciated!

I met the same issue on my thinkpad T61 with graphics card Quadro NVS 140M too. I an running ubuntu 8.10, with the nVidia driver 180.22, and tookit/sdk for ubuntu 8.04. I am able to build them with gcc 4.2 on ubuntu 8.10.

when I ran the bandwidthTest, it gave me:

Running on…

device 0:Quadro NVS 140M

Quick Mode

Host to Device Bandwidth for Pageable memory

33554432 1085.4

Quick Mode

Device to Host Bandwidth for Pageable memory

33554432 1068.7

Quick Mode

Device to Device Bandwidth

cudaSafeCall() Runtime API error in file <bandwidthTest.cu>, line 725 : out of memory.

In fact, several demo report this ‘out of memory’ error in my environment.

Could someone explain me on this?

Thanks a lot!

Hallo everyone,

I would like to add that I also have the same problem with the software available in sdk. I am running ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 (development branch) on my 8400M GS. I also use gcc 4.2 to compile them. Today I switched from 180.35 to 180.29 and, strangely enough, codes that used to run out of memory now run a bit longer before they run out of memory.

Any ideas please?

Exactly the same problem here with the bandwidth test on Ubuntu Hardy and 180.22 driver.

Any clue?

128MB is not enough to run any example?

Best, Nico

128MB is probably not enough memory. CUDA contexts take a meaningful amount of memory (to enforce programming semantics), so you probably have 80MB or so total free memory at best.

Fixed for me by upgrading to latest pre-release driver. 180.37 I think.