Running deepstream-occupancy-analytics with DeepStream 6.0.1 giving me error on Jetson Nano

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) | Jetson
• DeepStream Version | 6.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) | Jetpack 4.6.3 (L4T 32.7.3)
• TensorRT Version | 8.2.1.8
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) -
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
After installing DeepStream SDK 6.0.1 as per this guide, and after successfully building deepstream-occupancy-analytics, I try running the following command:

./deepstream-test5-analytics -c config/test5_config_file_src_infer_tlt.txt

I get this warning and these errors:

(deepstream-test5-analytics:27294): GStreamer-WARNING **: 13:31:00.621: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_msgconv.so': /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_msgconv.so: undefined symbol: nvds_msg2p_generate_multiple_new
** ERROR: <create_msg_conv_broker_bin:234>: Failed to create 'sink_sub_bin_transform2'
** ERROR: <create_msg_conv_broker_bin:278>: create_msg_conv_broker_bin failed
** ERROR: <create_sink_bin:781>: create_sink_bin failed
** ERROR: <create_processing_instance:815>: create_processing_instance failed
** ERROR: <create_pipeline:1326>: create_pipeline failed
** ERROR: <main:1041>: Failed to create pipeline
Quitting

I traced the issue to a non-existent GStreamer plugin by first of all running rm ${HOME}/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.aarch64.bin.
Running gst-inspect-1.0 nvmsgbroker prints a quite long output (what matters is that it’s available).
However, running gst-inspect-1.0 nvmsgconv gives the following error message:

No such element or plugin 'nvmsgconv'

Could someone please help me in getting this plugin? I’ve looked everywhere but couldn’t find anything.

There is a similar issue reported in github and according to the description here undefined symbol: nvds_msg2p_generate_multiple_new · Issue #39 · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream-occupancy-analytics · GitHub,
this issue is solved on branch ds_6.0, please check if you are using this branch.

Hello,
Yes I found out that copying the libnvds_msgconv.so file from the deepstream-occupancy-analytics GitHub repo [LINK] will create this issue. I rebuilt and installed it on my system and now that error message is gone.

However, a new error message is showing. It says:

Using winsys: x11 
gstnvtracker: Loading low-level lib at /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/lib/libnvds_nvdcf.so
gstnvtracker: Failed to open low-level lib at /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/lib/libnvds_nvdcf.so
 dlopen error: /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/lib/libnvds_nvdcf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
gstnvtracker: Failed to initilaize low level lib.
** ERROR: <main:1088>: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting

I tried to locate libnvds_nvdcf.so in my system, but I couldn’t find anything. How can I build/get this file?

Never mind, I read the changes done between DeepStream 5.1 and 6.0.1 and realized the three tracker libraries are deprecated and have been replaced with another library.
Site link: Application Migration to DeepStream 6.0.1 from DeepStream 5.X.
Thanks.

Glad to know issue is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.