Ryzen 7 + GTX 1660Ti: blank screen on external outputs in Hybrid graphics mode

Disregard the previous message, I managed to fix the issue. I will briefly describe what I did,

In the previous message, I stated the unhandled error persisted with the patched kernel, I was wrong. When I built the kernel, I did not disable the CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE flag. Therefore, enabling the flag and applying the patch mentioned by @aplattner fixed the Unhandled error in __nv_drm_gem_user_memory_handle_vma_fault: -22.

However, doing so uncovered other errors.
Firstly, the error AMD-Vi: Unable to read/write to IOMMU perf counter which needs a GRUB flag iommu=soft.
Then, Failed to get backlight or LED device 'backlight:acpi_video0': No such device also needs a GRUB flag acpi_backlight=vendor.

Fixing those revealed an nvidia-gpu i2c timeout error which needed another patch applied to the kernel.
After fixing this last one, my computer booted successfully and HDMI out was working correctly in hybrid mode!

Alright, I hope that is helpful. I tried to stick to the most relevant info here for brevity. I am documenting the full process and will share a link to it once I am done with the write up.

1 Like