Same badge for three cameras

Hi all,

I am trying to configure three cameras with the same badge configurations, I am using the badge you created for the ov5693 “e3326_front_P5V27C”, that is because, if I use other badge created as you recommend with the steps “camera”+“position”+“camera serie”, the image looks faded/washed out. With the badge you created for the ov5693 the image on our sensor looks fine.
We also tried to configure the three cameras with the same badge to get the same color configuration on the three cameras, but if we do that, when we try to capture from the cameras no matter what sensor-id (0-1-2) we put, always capture from just one camera. it seems like the badge assign same position for three cameras.

Is there any way to assign same badge for three cameras?

I believe we only check the “camera serial” to load the config. Do you mean you always capture from the same camera no matter switch the sensor id. How do you capture? By gstreamer?

Hi ShanneCCC,

Yes, I do. If we use same badge for the three cameras, we always capture from the same camera (no matter the sensor-id). We want to know how to use same badge for the three cameras? to keep same configuration on them. We are using gstreamer to capture as following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc sensor-id=0 wbmode=0 fpsRange="30 30" ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)3840, height=(int)2160,format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! nvoverlaysink

You just need set the “camera serial” to the same like E3333 xxxx_xxxx_P5V27C.
I think you should not use this P5V27C for your sensor. It’s better connect camera scaling partner to gen your own isp config file instead use ov5693’s config file.

Hi Shane,

I am also experiencing similar symptoms: washed out, slightly purple image. I am using a Leopard IMX377 driver that I am modifying to get working on a TX1 with a custom carrier board. I’m not sure if my problem is related to the one above, but could you explain how the badge gets used in the system? The OP suggests the badge name affects the loading of the proper ISP settings. If I change the badge to something else, the picture becomes noticeably more purple, so I just want to understand this better. Thanks!

The washed out/faded look is likely due to nvcamera-daemon or argus-daemon failing to load ISP parameters for the camera. Argus daemon and nvcamera daemon look in /var/nvidia/nvcam/settings for “isp files” which contain parameters for configuring the ISP. Argus daemon and nvcamera daemon are sophisticated enough that they can load different parameters for each camera based on the badge name. You can also provide a single file that would apply to all cameras. Since all of your cameras are the same you could try that. The filename for the parameters that would apply to all cameras is /var/nvivida/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp.

Note well: the isp files MUST be owned by ‘root’, have ‘root’ as the group, and be mode 664 (mode 644 will not work…the daemons will not load them).

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings$ ls -al
total 12
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Dec  7 14:09 .
drwxrwxrwx 6 root root 4096 Jul 30 20:56 ..
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root    0 Dec  7 14:09 camera_overrides.isp
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root  102 Jul 30 20:56 README.txt

Thanks for the quick reply, D3. The ISP file is being loaded, but nvcamera-daemon does print out some errors that are probably related. I’ll have to look into this.

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings$ sudo /usr/sbin/nvcamera-daemon
OFParserGetVirtualDevice: NVIDIA Camera virtual enumerator not found in proc device-tree
LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/Calib/camera_override.isp] 1/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 2/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/opt/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 3/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 4/16---- imager: Found override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp]. ----
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 191: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[0]={0,0,0,1,1,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 192: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[1]={0,0,1,1,2,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 193: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[2]={0,1,1,2,2,3,3}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 194: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[3]={1,1,2,2,3,3,4}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 195: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[0]={0,0,0,1,1,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 196: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[1]={0,0,1,1,2,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 197: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[2]={0,1,1,2,2,3,3}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 198: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[3]={1,1,2,2,3,3,4}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 199: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[0]={0,0,0,1,1,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 200: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[1]={0,0,1,1,2,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 201: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[2]={0,1,1,2,2,3,3}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 202: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[3]={1,1,2,2,3,3,4}"
LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/Calib/camera_override.isp] 1/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 2/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/opt/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 3/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp] 4/16---- imager: Found override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp]. ----
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 191: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[0]={0,0,0,1,1,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 192: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[1]={0,0,1,1,2,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 193: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[2]={0,1,1,2,2,3,3}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 194: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Preview[3]={1,1,2,2,3,3,4}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 195: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[0]={0,0,0,1,1,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 196: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[1]={0,0,1,1,2,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 197: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[2]={0,1,1,2,2,3,3}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 198: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Still[3]={1,1,2,2,3,3,4}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 199: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[0]={0,0,0,1,1,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 200: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[1]={0,0,1,1,2,2,2}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 201: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[2]={0,1,1,2,2,3,3}"
NvCameraIspConfigFileLoad: Config file "sensor.cfg" Line 202: Error: Invalid isp config attribute: "sharpness.v4.Video[3]={1,1,2,2,3,3,4}"
LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/settings/usb@video2.isp] 6/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/opt/nvidia/nvcam/settings/usb@video2.isp] 7/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/usb@video2.isp] 8/16---- imager: No override file found. ----
initializeDevNode: Failed to open dev node '/dev/camera/video2'; No such file or directory, trying alternate default location
(NvOdmDevice) Error BadParameter: Control 10094858 not found (in dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/V4L2Device.cpp, function findControlById(), line 1854)
(NvOdmDevice) Error BadParameter:  (propagating from dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/V4L2Device.cpp, function getControlRange(), line 320)
initialize: focus query failed
SCF: Error BadParameter: Unknown sensor pixel type (in src/common/Utils.cpp, function translateColorFormat(), line 439)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/services/capture/CaptureServiceDeviceSensor.cpp, function open(), line 132)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/services/capture/CaptureServiceDeviceSensor.cpp, function getSourceFromGuid(), line 595)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/services/capture/CaptureService.cpp, function addSourceByGuid(), line 781)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/api/CameraDriver.cpp, function addSourceByIndex(), line 276)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/api/CameraDriver.cpp, function getSource(), line 439)
LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/data/nvcam/settings/usb@video3.isp] 6/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/opt/nvidia/nvcam/settings/usb@video3.isp] 7/16LoadOverridesFile: looking for override file [/var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/usb@video3.isp] 8/16---- imager: No override file found. ----
initializeDevNode: Failed to open dev node '/dev/camera/video3'; No such file or directory, trying alternate default location
getModeListLength: Error: mode list uninitialized
(NvOdmDevice) Error NotInitialized: No active Pixel Type set (in dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/V4L2Device.cpp, function getModeInfoByIndex(), line 1471)
(NvOdmDevice) Error NotInitialized:  (propagating from dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/devices/V4L2SensorNonViCsi.cpp, function loadModeResolution(), line 480)
(NvOdmDevice) Error NotInitialized: No active Pixel Type set (in dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/V4L2Device.cpp, function getModeInfoByIndex(), line 1471)
(NvOdmDevice) Error NotInitialized:  (propagating from dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/devices/V4L2SensorNonViCsi.cpp, function loadModeResolution(), line 480)
(NvOdmDevice) Error BadParameter: Control 10094858 not found (in dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/V4L2Device.cpp, function findControlById(), line 1854)
(NvOdmDevice) Error BadParameter:  (propagating from dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/camera-partner/imager/src/V4L2Device.cpp, function getControlRange(), line 320)
initialize: focus query failed
SCF: Error BadParameter: Unknown sensor pixel type (in src/common/Utils.cpp, function translateColorFormat(), line 439)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/services/capture/CaptureServiceDeviceSensor.cpp, function open(), line 132)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/services/capture/CaptureServiceDeviceSensor.cpp, function getSourceFromGuid(), line 595)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/services/capture/CaptureService.cpp, function addSourceByGuid(), line 781)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/api/CameraDriver.cpp, function addSourceByIndex(), line 276)
SCF: Error BadParameter:  (propagating from src/api/CameraDriver.cpp, function getSource(), line 439)
SCF: Error InvalidState:  NonFatal ISO BW requested not set. Requested = 2147483647 Set = 3000000 (in src/services/power/PowerServiceCore.cpp, function setCameraBw(), line 653)
PowerServiceCore:handleRequests: timePassed = 537

I’m not sure if the overrides format is the same between Tx1 and Tx2. I suspect it is not. Or, rather, I believe that the format is the same but there are probably parameters that are new to Tx2 that are not applicable in Tx1. That is probably what you are seeing. The overrides are text files. You could try commenting out the offending parameters.

I’m sure someone from Nvidia will chime in on that.

I removed all but one sensor from the system to simplify my debugging, and the problem still exists. Since this appears to be a different issue than the original topic, I started a new topic with my latest findings here:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1045114/washed-out-purple-image-from-imx377-on-tx1/#5302760