Same FPS for tow resolutions

Hi all,
I am using the Jetson AGX Xavier board with Ubuntu 18.04.
Also, I am using YoloV3 with an ethernet camera and ROS to classify obstacles (darknet_ROS).
I have a question about the number of FPS. In fact, I change the reolution of the input image, 1920x1080 and 640x480, and I get the same fps, about 10 FPS for both of them. I want to konw why I get the same FPS for the tow resolutions? I expected more FPS for the 640x480 resolution.
Thank you

I think (but I could be wrong) Yolo_v3 resamples all input pictures to the size it’s trained on, so detection speed should be the same (except for the small time taken to resample.)
It’s been a while since I used it, but at least it’s something to look into!

What’s kind of camera, USB or CSI?

Hi,
It is an ethernet camera (axis F1015).
About the resampling of input pictures, I changed the input layer size to get more FPS, so I got it but the fps still same for both of resolutions. The following table presents the results:
results

Also, I got almost 100% occupation for GPU for all tests and for different resolutions:

GPU_test

You may need to verify fps without Yolo to narrow the root cause.

I already did that. I checked the fps from the output of camera and it worked fine. Also, I have a different FPS for yolov2-tiny:

yolo2

Note that the occupation of CPU is different for the two resolution, for the VGA resolution it is as below:

And for the Full HD:

Did you boost the system clocks?

sudo nvpmodel -m 0
sudo jetson_clocks

Yes, I did it.
In fact, now, I try to find an explanation about the same FPS for both resolutions when I used YoloV3 (with darknet_ros framework ).

Then I think it could be YoloV3’s problem.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.