Sample plugin for Radar

Hardware Platform: [DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit]
Software Version: [DRIVE Software 10]

Hello.

We started developing custom Radar using Drive AGX.

I found imu, canbus and gps plugins in the sample code.
But I couldn’t find a plugin for radar.

• Is there some sample code for Radar plugin somewhere?
  • Is there any information about radar plugin?

We would appreciate any advice on how to start development.

Dear @mark0214,
Could you please check “custom radar” section in advanced tutorials in DW documentation.

Hello, SivaRamaKrishnaNV.
Thank you for your comment.

I actually checked the advanced tutorial.
But I couldn’t find any sample source code.
For example, dwSensorPlugin_start () for RADAR.

• Is there some sample code for Radar plugin somewhere?

Dear @mark0214,
We do not have Radar plugin sample. We have provided list of APIs that needs be implemented by user to integrate it into DW. You can refer to other sensor plugin implementation as a reference.

Hello, @SivaRamaKrishnaNV.
Thank you for your advice.

I will try to develop by referring to the implementation of other sensor plugins.

Hi @mark0214,

I’m trying to write a new radar sensor plugin as well and facing a issue, but the SDK doc isn’t so informative to help me out. May I ask, do you have any progress on your sensor plugin?

Also the mainly issue is: I overwritten the callback _dwSensorPlugin_createSensor and have no idea, how to create a valid dwSensorHandle_t the dwSAL_createSensor call the callback function recursively and crashed after few calls.

Thanks

Hi @mark0214,

forgot my previously post. I figured out that in the callback function we don’t need to initialize any dwSensorHandle_t. The handle will be always pass through as the input argument as long as callback functions are triggered.

I created already a empty new sensor plugin and am implementing the parser function now. :)

The imu and gps sensor plugin examples aren’t very suitable for the case, that you’re gonna to create a plugin for a complete new sensor. They’re only helpful if you’d like to write some additional functionalities for the already from DriveWorks supported sensors.