/sbin/init tegra_keep_boot_clocks and /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd --no-debug

What are those two processes for? Both of them are using round about 80% of the current CPU usage in htop.

Why the CPU usage of those processes is so high and how can I get ride of them?

The problem with the /sbin/lib/udisks2/udiskesd diappeard after fixing a bug in a service of mine (I guess the problem was that a service of mine was doing things with a SD-card in a infinite while loop), but the /sbin/init tegra_keep_boot_clocks - problem still exists.

Which BSP for this problem.
I don’t see it on my TX2 with r32.3.1

> cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
# R28 (release), REVISION: 2.1, GCID: 11272647, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Thu May 17 07:29:06 UTC 2018

Looks like the you are still using r28 release.
Any reason to update to r32 release?

Is it possible to install r32 without flashing everything?

Not possible without flash to update r32.

Then it’s hard for me right now. Can I somehow narrow down the error?

You may just kill this process to check and find which file to load it and remove it.

Everytime I kill this process, the SSH connection is interrupted, after a few seconds I’m able to reconnect and the process is there again.

At the moment I do not have any direct access to the Jetson, so I’m not able to do any further investigations.

Beware that even if you could keep a rootfs during flash that things would go badly since the various hardware drivers (e.g., CUDA on GPU) are dependent upon the rootfs matching. That said, you can clone before flash to save everything, and then to pick and choose what you want to put back in later (a loopback mounted raw clone can be examined, copied, modified, so on). Clone instructions depend on release, but you can create a clone (obtaining a clone) using a newer release without harm…just beware that reinstalling a clone from the wrong release is bad.

Example clone if Jetson is attached to host PC in recovery mode:

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G my_backup.img jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1

(this creates both “my_backup.img”, a sparse image, and “my_backup.img.raw”, the raw image…this latter is what you will want to keep)

Clones are enormous. Make sure your host PC has a lot of space before starting (e.g., see “df -H /where/ever/you/clone/to/Linux_for_Tegra/”). If a rootfs partition is 30GB, then the raw file will be 30GB, and depending on how filled the filesystem of the Jetson is, the sparse file will be anywhere from about 2GB to the full 30GB of the raw file.