SD card damage protection

Jetson Nano Developer Kits (i.e. SD-card versions) are NOT for production use.
The Developer Kit is used to develop and test software in a pre-production environment.

And what? I could now say, I don’t intend to use it in production, just for a POC, which would be true. But who cares? I lately read such a note on an ordinary bucket: “Please note this is just for wish water. Don’t use it as toilet. Use public rest rooms instead.” You know what? I ignored it and the bucket didn’t melt away…

I don’t want to kill the king, I just want to do something, which is in other Linux systems obviously the easiest thing to achieve. Even the “lehni” thing: It is based on a script written for a very old RPI version, and it is still running on the latest Raspbian OS.

This argument is ridiculous, to say it politely. You should rather help me to make it work, if you drop in, because that would be the way to go, not to say: DONT’ DO THAT, IT’S THE FORBIDDEN PALACE.

it’s my curiosity why you claim lehni works for Jetson Nano?

Not my claim. The claim of the owner of the repo. I had a thread with him, in which I showed him, that it doesn’t work. overlayfs for Jetson - #19 by juerg
He said that it worked for him on an earlier kernel. I tried that too. It didn’t work for me either on older versions, it didn’t go into an endless boot, but it wasn’t read only either…

for your reference,
we had similar discussion thread, Topic 60860 to make rootfs as read-only using overlayfsroot. this were test by earlier JetPack release versions. (i.e. JetPack-3.2).

Yes I know these, and as far as I can see, none of these did end up in something reproducible today. Or do you see this? What do you want to tell me with this argument? I would be happy if you could show me a working solution for the simple question “HOW TO MAKE MY SD RO AND THE ENTIRE STUFF IS STILL WORKING”, because with my RPI background I would expect this should be possible, otherwise please don’t stop me here

Thanks