SDK 2020.1 Python deployment broken

Hi,

I downloaded SDK 2020.1 and deployed the ping_python tutorial application with ./engine/build/deploy.sh -p //apps/tutorials/ping_python:ping_python-pkg -h 192.168.0.133 -d jetpack43. This ran successfully. However, running the example with ~/deploy/alex/ping_python-pkg$ ./run apps/tutorials/ping_python/ping_python.pyends up printing the following error to the console and exiting:
Running your Python script Traceback (most recent call last): File "apps/tutorials/ping_python/ping_python.py", line 11, in <module> from engine.pyalice import * File "/home/nvidia/deploy/alex/ping_python-pkg/engine/pyalice/__init__.py", line 15, in <module> from .Application import Application File "/home/nvidia/deploy/alex/ping_python-pkg/engine/pyalice/Application.py", line 25, in <module> import quaternion ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'quaternion'
It appears that this can be worked around by commenting out the import quaternion on line 25 in /engine/pyalice which seems to be fine since nothing seems to refer to a package called quaternion directly and everything quaternion related seems to use numpy’s quaternion. It works on the host computer either way, however.

Hi @alex.h, please check if you have run the install_dependencies_jetson.sh script located at "<isaac-sdk-home>/engine/build/scripts/install_dependencies_jetson.sh".

As a rule of thumb, before using any new version of Isaac SDK, please run install dependency scripts for both desktop and jetson devices as shown in the respective links.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Swapnesh,

That was indeed the problem. I had updated the desktop dependencies and not the Jetson dependencies from SDK 2019.3 to 2020.1. I am now able to run code without the workaround that I was using above.

Thanks!