SDK Manager: cannot install Jetson SDK components

I’m using a jetson tx2 board, mounted on a Auvidea J120 carrier board.
I successfully flashed the OS on the jetson and I was able (attaching the board to a screen) to complete the installation. However, it seems that the no ethernet bridge was created, and SDKManager fails to transfer the SDK components.
In a desperate attempt to bypass the usb cable nightmare, I manually set the ip address on the jetson to 192.168.55.1 and the ip address of the host to 192.168.55.100.
The two machines are able to ping and ssh each other.

However, the SDKManager still fails to connect (I suspect it is still trying to use the USB cable?). What can I do?

PS: I’d prefer NOT to use the USB cable. Many similar posts suggest to check the output of dmesg, but nothing changes when I plug/unplug the cable. I wonder if AUVIDEA (the carrier manufacturer) is correctly implementing this USB stuff on its carrier board. I already had a lot of problems forcing the board into recovery mode, and I now have a bad feeling about the fact that I had to patch the original nvidia OS image with some additional stuff, in order to use the carrier board… I really hope that it is possible to install these files in some other way!

If end addresses are correct, then a failure would very likely be either of incorrect routing, or security.

You could post the output of “ifconfig” and “route” on both Jetson and host PC. However, on the host PC, odds are slightly in favor of the PC simply not allowing the connection. You might need to use something such as “nm-connection-editor” (from “sudo apt-get install network-manager-gnome”), or the built in configuration from the GUI, to tell the host PC to allow that connection to be used.

there is no need to use 192.168.55.1 & 192.168.55.100 addresses specifically;
as long as you could specify a valid ip address of the device in the sdk manager compponents install, it should work for sdk components install;
specifically specifying 55.1 & 55.100 might overlap with something predefined by default so I wouldn’t use it, but regular subnet.

specifically specifying 55.1 & 55.100 might overlap with something predefined by default so I wouldn’t use it, but regular subnet.

Fixed. (I used the IP address given by the DHCP).
Thank you!