SDK Manager CLI giving TypeError {}

Hi,

I would like to use the cli to just download the various sdk components. (driver/l4t/deb packages etc). But I can’t seem to get it to work.

I keep getting a Typeerror {} when I set the version to 4.2 Is there a way to get better logs?
Just downloaded and installed the latest sdkmanager

zubairlk@zubair-xps:~$ sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2.0.0 --targetos Linux --host --target P3310 --flash all
Login succeeded.
Retrieving data...
Data retrieved successfully.
Jetson version 4.2.0.0  does not support Linux target OS on P3310
Available options are:

Jetson 4.2
sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2 --targetos Linux --host --target P2888 --flash all
sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2 --targetos Linux --host --target P3310 --flash all
sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2 --targetos Linux --host --target P3489-0000 --flash all
sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2 --targetos Linux --host --target P3448-0000 --flash all
zubairlk@zubair-xps:~$ sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2 --targetos Linux --host --target P3310 --flash all
TypeError {}
zubairlk@zubair-xps:~$ sdkmanager --cli install --user EMAIL --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.2 --targetos Linux --host --target P3489-0000 --flash all
TypeError {}
zubairlk@zubair-xps:~$ dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia
ii  sdkmanager                                 0.9.11-3405                                   amd64        NVIDIA SDK Manager
zubairlk@zubair-xps:~$

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Regards
ZubairLK

Has anyone managed to get the cli working with Jetson Tx2?

Also, is there a right place to talk about the SDK manager itself?

I’d like to submit a feature request. Can we have a --password option in the cli as well. Needed for the CI pipeline.

Thanks

ZubairLK

Hi ZubairLK,

CLI commands are not supported for flashing or installing target components on Jetson devices. This will be added in a future release.

Link: https://docs.nvidia.com/sdk-manager/sdkm-command-line-install/index.html

Hi @carolyuu,

Thank-you for the response.

I saw the note on flashing/installing was unavailable for Jetson in the documentation.

Currently, I was hoping to only download various components for a CI/CD pipeline I’m setting up. Not install/flash them.

Also, any thoughts on having a --password option in the cli as well?

Thanks

Regards
ZubairLK

If you mean a password being set for the user during flash, then that isn’t practical. The flash step takes a reference file system (plain Ubuntu), adds a few boot files too it, and then creates a loopback mountable ext4 image…the passwd and group and shadow files are copied verbatim from that. It’s up to end users to modify the “rootfs/” (reference) file system prior to the image being generated.

Hi ZubairLK,

Sorry, now SDKM only support GUI mode for Jetson.
If you want SDK Manager to download all setup files to a location other than the default path, expand the Download & Install Options drop-down menu, then select the path you wish to use.

Reference link: https://docs.nvidia.com/sdk-manager/install-with-sdkm-jetson/index.html

Hi,

@linuxdev, By --password option, I meant being able to provide the nvidia username/password via the cli and not the final linux userspace username/password.

@carolyuu. Thank-you for the info, i’ll look forward to the sdkm update that adds cli support for the jetsons.

Regards
ZubairLK