SDK Manager fails, can't ping nvidia.com

SDK Manager fails on the internet connection test (ping -c 3 nvidia.com). The Xavier NX module I’m installing the SDK’s on has a working internet connection, and I can ping other sites without any problems. But I can’t ping nvidia.com.
Pinging nvidia.com fails (timeout) from the Xavier NX, and also from the host PC, as well as from various linux and windows machines throughout the building. It also fails from my phone via a cellular connection. I’ve retried over several days now, and with no success.

There is no similar issue reported.
What’s the Ubuntu OS version on your host machine?
Could you paste the screenshot of SDK manager and provide the log?

I’ve switched to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with JetPack 4.6(Rev. 3), and the problem went away. I had the trouble when I was using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with JetPack 5.0.1 DP. I don’t have the logs any longer as I rebuilt the host machine with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, but the error was essentially the same as in this post: https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/library-install-error-in-sdkmanager/215024
“ping nvidia.com” fails on the Xavier NX, on the host pc, on my workstation (Red Hat Enterprise 7), two Windows 10 PCs, and my cell phone on the cellular connection (not via my ISP). The IP address for nvidia.com is resolving to 34.194.97.138 .
I have no trouble pinging anyone else.

Quoting kayccc via NVIDIA Developer Forums <notifications@nvidia.discoursemail.com>:

| kayccc Moderator
August 15 |

• | - |

There is no similar issue reported.
What’s the Ubuntu OS version on your host machine?
Could you paste the screenshot of SDK manager and provide the log?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Daniel Glass, Principal
Convergent Technical Solutions, LLC
6 Nightingale Rd, Brookline NH 03033
(603)930-5650 www.cvergetech.com

Glad to know issue resolved.
BTW, only for JetPack 5.x, you need to have Ubuntu 20.04, others should work well with Ubuntu 18.04.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.