SDK Manager unable to create linux image

I want to boot my Jetson Xavier NX on nvme, which I hear you can do through the sdkmanager.

However, infuriatingly, it fails at the generate linux image step. I have tried all available jetpack candiates, same error.

07:24:14 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: Err:15 Index of /bladerf/bladerf/ubuntu focal Release

07:24:19 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: E: The repository ‘Index of /bladerf/bladerf/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file.

07:24:25 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: command terminated with error

07:24:25 SUMMARY: File System and OS - target_image: First Error: Installation failed.

07:24:25 SUMMARY: NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker integration (Beta) - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: Multimedia API - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: TensorRT on Target - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: TensorRT Runtime - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: VPI on Target - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: VPI Runtime - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: CuPVA Runtime - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: CUDA Runtime - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: cuDNN on Target - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: CuDNN Runtime - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: OpenCV - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: OpenCV Runtime - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: DateTime Target Setup - target: Depends on failed component

07:24:25 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson Linux - flash: Depends on failed component

I had same problem. I tried many times but it is failed too. My case is flashing Jetpack4.6.3 on NVME. I dont understand why NVIDIA doesn’t have any official document for common cases.

What I just discovered is this is some kind of conflict encountered when the software has my own system do an update. Why does it do this? I disabled the broken PPAs (like the one for bladerf) on my base system and it appears to be progressing now.

Can the SDK manager do the flash work with NVME successfully?

Yes, it worked beautifully after I disabled the PPAs on my own system. Unfortunately it was confusing that the SDK was doing a system update from my own system, and that this could interfere with the SDK making the linux image for the Jetson. I simply assumed the packages with the errors were for the Jetson, not my system. Any idea why the SDK does a system update for the host?

Hi Dickerson,

SDK Manager does not update the host system. Can you please attach the logs for more investigation?
The logs are located at ~/.nvsdkm/*.log

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.