Sdkmanager docker image tries to install libxml2-utils and fails

I’ve been using the Sdkmanager docker image to flash my AGX.

docker run -it --rm --privileged \ -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb/ -v /dev:/dev -v $HOME/sdkmanager:/home/nvidia:slave \ sdkmanager:1.8.0.10363-Ubuntu_18.04 \ --cli install --offline --downloadfolder /home/nvidia/4.5.1 --checkforupdates false --datacollection disable --license accept \ --product Jetson --version 4.5.1 --targetos Linux --target JETSON_AGX_XAVIER \ --flash all --exitonfinish

This week it returns error when trying to install libxml2-utils during the flash process.
Turns out sdkmanager will download an install script to /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.sh (RED FLAG) and execute it.
The script did not run apt update so the apt install libxml2-utils fails.

It is a known issue that libxml2-utils was a missing dependency and it seems the script was deployed recently to “fix” this issue.

Here are my suggestion:

1. sdkmanager should not download and execute script from the internet
  2. missing dependency should be fixed by updating the .deb and docker image rather than a script

Thanks for reporting this issue, I have forwarded to our internal SDK manager team to improve it, we will have better offline installation support in coming release.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.