Segnet critical errors

Hi, I was using some previously recorded snippets to test my new Semantic Segmentation model and have encountered a lot of errors.
I have wound things back to just the basic code - including using the default network model - and the errors persist.
Could I please have your wisdom to interpret this. Eg. Am I not specifying something that I should be?
The command used is
python3 segnet.py --visualize=overlay file://"/home/jc/OpenCV_jet/sample_images/JC/floor_cat.mp4" display://0

The errors that seem serious include

(python3:32042): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 17:21:26.466: gst_caps_is_empty: assertion 'GST_IS_CAPS (caps)' failed
(python3:32042): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 17:21:26.466: gst_caps_truncate: assertion 'GST_IS_CAPS (caps)' failed
(python3:32042): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 17:21:26.466: gst_caps_fixate: assertion 'GST_IS_CAPS (caps)' failed
(python3:32042): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 17:21:26.466: gst_caps_get_structure: assertion 'GST_IS_CAPS (caps)' failed
(python3:32042): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 17:21:26.466: gst_structure_get_string: assertion 'structure != NULL' failed

and lots of

nvbuf_utils: dmabuf_fd 1273 mapped entry NOT found
nvbuf_utils: NvReleaseFd Failed… Exiting…
nvbuf_utils: dmabuf_fd 1281 mapped entry NOT found
nvbuf_utils: NvReleaseFd Failed… Exiting…
Full output and test data attached.

segnet_mp4_2_display_error_log_test2.txt (30.4 KB)

Thanks for your help
JC

Hi @jc5p, do you encounter an actual issue playing back your video file(s), or is it just these spurious errors that get printed out? If it’s actually running fine, you can just ignore them.

The GStreamer logs are difficult to filter because sometimes you want to see those messages when there is an actual problem, otherwise not. The nvbuf_utils messages I can’t suppress because they get printed out inside that library itself.

Thanks @dusty_nv, The errors looked serious enough for me to ask about them - especially the lost blocks.
But you are correct is it good enough ? The answer is ‘yes’; I am only using the mp4 inputs as test data, in the real world it will be using a camera feed.
None of the errors appear when the input is camera or jpg still image.

OK great, sure - yea, since the video feed is showing properly, you can ignore these.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.