Self-collision detection exclude all parents links/bodies

Hi, Thank you for the excellent isaacgymenv. It is really useful to speeding up the training progress for RL.

Is there any update for the self-collision detection exclude all parents link in URDF form?

I found an answer in previous topic:[Self-Collision avoiding parent links or links higher in the kinematic chain].

Here you give us a workaround of using MJCF instead of URDF. However, Current MJCF assert importer only support primitive shapes such as boxes, capsule instead of mesh file. I really hope to enable self-collision of robot with complex collision mesh in URDF description. It’s very important for me and other researchers in articulated robotics field.

Would you please give me any feed back about the functionality in Isaacgymenv?
Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

^ this feature is also very important to me, i want to switch my entire workflow into isaacgym but cannot until I can exclude specific collisions with urdf models. thank you!

I don’t think we should expect this feature to be added to Isaac Gym, it’s more likely to be implemented in Isaac Sim. And with Isaac Gym being inherited into Sim, Isaac Gym won’t be updated as often, so maybe you should post in the Isaac Sim section to urge them to

New feedback:

We can solve this problem by: get_asset_rigid_body_shape_indices() and set_asset_rigid_shape_properties().
More information can be found here