Self-Encrypting disk (SSD)

Hello all!

I have a custom board loaded with a TX2 SBC, and have 2 NVMe SSD conected to PCIe port of tx2.
I’m wondering if I can use 2 SED (Self-Encrypting disk) on this ports and if I can enable Linux to support to then. (I’m using the 2 SSD with RAID 1)

Does anyone have any experience on this?

hello alfredosalvarani,

are you taking disk encryption to encrypts a whole disk or partition to protect the data it contains.
or, you would like to have RAID-1 to mirror the contents to both of disk.

Hi,
I’m using two ssds with RAID-1 to protect data losses, but I need to encrypt the data stored on these devices. Using software approach to encrupt (ecryptfs) the TX2 is overload (theres a high CPU usage video process running on this) so Im thinking to use a hardware encrypting disk like this: https://www.kingston.com/unitedstates/en/ssd/kc2500-NVMe-PCIe-SSD but I don’t know if this kind of SSD will working on my system (I’m using L4T linux distribution) because theses drivers need some software help to unlock and manage.

hello alfredosalvarani,

as it metioned…

KC2500 also has built-in Microsoft eDrive support, a security storage specification for use with BitLocker.

this self-encrypting drive only support with WindowsOS,
fortunately, you may use dislocker on Linux, you’ll need the BitLocker password to mount such partition to your filesystem.
i.e. $ sudo apt install dislocker

Hello Jerry,
this SSD model is just an example, If I found a SED SSD with linux support I can use it on my board?

here’s developer guide you may take a look for reference, Flashing to an NVMe Drive.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.