Service 'claratrain' failed to build: jupyterlab-nvdashboard" does not yet support the current version of JupyterLa

Hi I’m new to Clara and trying to get it working. So I went to the github page: clara-train-examples/PyTorch/NoteBooks at master · NVIDIA/clara-train-examples · GitHub and I’m trying to work through the material there. However, I was interested in the NVDashboard functionality so I commented the

image: nvcr.io/nvidia/clara-train-sdk:v4.0

in the docker compose and then uncommented

build:
   context: ./dockerWGPUDashboardPlugin/    # Project root
   dockerfile: ./Dockerfile                 # Relative to context
image: clara-train-nvdashboard:v4.0

However when I run the startClaraTrainNoteBooks.sh I get a build error from docker saying…

An error occurred.
ValueError: The extension "jupyterlab-nvdashboard" does not yet support the current version of JupyterLab.
Conflicting Dependencies:
JupyterLab              Extension        Package
>=3.1.8 <3.2.0          >=2.0.0 <3.0.0   @jupyterlab/application
>=3.1.8 <3.2.0          >=2.0.0 <3.0.0   @jupyterlab/apputils
>=5.1.8 <5.2.0          >=4.0.0 <5.0.0   @jupyterlab/coreutils
>=17.0.1 <18.0.0        >=16.4.2 <17.0.0 react
>=17.0.1 <18.0.0        >=16.9.0 <17.0.0 react-dom
The command '/bin/sh -c jupyter labextension install jupyterlab-nvdashboard' returned a non-zero code: 1
ERROR: Service 'claratrain' failed to build : Build failed

How can I fix this or is nvdashboard ancient tech?

Hi Nathan. Are you interesting in nvdashboard only and not clara train? In that case, please check out https://github.com/rapidsai/jupyterlab-nvdashboard.

No I was interested in Clara Train and trying to follow the tutorial which has you try to setup nvdashboard. Is NVDashboard no longer usable with clara train containers?

Hi

Sorry for the late respond. It seems like the packages have been updated. You need to use jupyterlab_execute_time now. You should change scripts/dockerWGPUDashboardPlugin/Dockerfile to only have lines below

FROM nvcr.io/nvidia/clara-train-sdk:v4.0

RUN pip install jupyterlab
RUN pip install jupyterlab-nvdashboard
#RUN jupyter labextension install jupyterlab-nvdashboard  << -- make sure to remove this line 
RUN pip install jupyterlab_execute_time  <<--- add this line for new jupyterlab extension

WORKDIR /claraDevDay/
EXPOSE 8888
CMD ["/usr/local/bin/jupyter", "lab", "/claraDevDay", "--ip", "0.0.0.0", "--port", "8888" ,"--allow-root","--no-browser"]

Please let us know if you face any issue while we do more testing before updating the github repo