Set AE Region using GStreamer nvarguscamerasrc and MMAPI

Hello,

I’m capturing images using OpenCV and GStreamer in Python from a MIPI-connected camera on my TX2.

My Python code for reading frames in OpenCV with GStreamer looks like this:

cv2.VideoCapture("nvarguscamerasrc ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=3840, height=2160, framerate=60/1 ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=3840, height=2160 !  appsink name=appsink max-buffers=1 emit-signals=true", cv2.CAP_GSTREAMER)

I’d like to set an auto-exposure region on the camera. Is this possible with my current setup?

This thread says an AE region can only be set through the MMAPI and not through the nvarguscamerasrc element.

I followed this thread and I’m able to use the MMAPI to set the AE region when capturing the camera using the MMAPI.

Is it possible to use the MMAPI to change the AE region when capturing through my OpenCV/GStreamer setup?

Hi,
It is possible by customizing nvarguscamerasrc plugin. The source code is in
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r32_release_v5.1/r32_release_v5.1/sources/t186/public_sources.tbz2

1 Like

This worked great. I’m now able to configure any number of AE regions from my custom element property. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.