Set persistent boot-configuration in CBoot at flasthing time

Hello,

During boot i have the following output on the console:

[0002.165] E> tegrabl_cbo_parse_info: "boot-configuration" not found in CBO file.
[0002.172] I> Using default boot order
[0002.176] I> boot-dev-order :-
[0002.178] I> 1.sd
[0002.180] I> 2.usb
[0002.182] I> 3.nvme
[0002.184] I> 4.emmc
[0002.186] I> 5.net
[0002.188] I> Hit any key to stop autoboot:	4	3	2	1

So it waits for a few seconds for user input before continuing with the default boot order. We’d like to

1. reduce the wait time to 1s or even 500ms
  2. reduce the boot-order list to only contain emmc

for faster boot without unnecessary device probing first.

We tried to achieve the 2nd point with

TEGRA194 # printvar boot-order
I> boot-dev-order :-
I> 1.sd
I> 2.usb
I> 3.nvme
I> 4.emmc
I> 5.net
TEGRA194 # setvar boot-order emmc
TEGRA194 # printvar boot-order
I> boot-dev-order :-
I> 1.emmc
TEGRA194 # boot

So it directly boots the EMMC without probing the other devices first. This only works for a single boot and doesn’t persist.

1. Is there a way to set this variable in a persistent way ? Like doing a savevar or saveenv?
  2. Is there a similar variable for the number of seconds to wait on user input ?
  3. Is there a way to set this during flashing directly ?

Some infos i gathered suggest the last point could be achieved through a cbo.dts file in the CBO partition. Is there some more info/doc how to achieve this ? Does the CBO partition need to be ext4 or vfat formatted and contain a cbo.dts file at its root ? What is the format of the dts file ?

Also latter during the boot there is

[0008.708] I> L4T boot options                                                                           
[0008.708] I> [1]: "primary kernel"                                                                      
[0008.708] I> Enter choice:                        
[0011.709] I> Continuing with default option: 1

So again it waits for 3 seconds on user input. Is there a way to reduce this waiting to 1s or 500ms as well ?

Thanks and best regards.

Martin

Hi,

No, looks like it does not have what you want. You could directly check the cboot source and modify to what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.