Setting console resolution?

I don’t know if my TV is sending out a wrong EDID or the TK1 is interpreting it wrong… but during the boot messages, the display is kind of garbled. It’s hard to explain. It’s as if there are 3 characters displayed at a time, represented by distanced thin horizontal lines in an unreadable fashion…

I flashed my board to the latest release and now it boots into ubuntu just fine, but at 640x480. It took a few tries tabbing around but I was able to set the resolution to 1080 and it’s fine now.

However, I’d really like to have console access on my tv since I can’t get any of my USB wifi modules to work and I don’t want to run cables to it.

The TV things it’s getting fed a 480P signal, but it does not seem to interpret it properly… I know that I can send a “proper” 480p signal to my tv just fine using a raspberry pi or similar SBC though.

L4T does not seem to have GRUB? so I the internet’s suggestions of modifying some GRUB files to set the resolution does not seem to apply to me.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi fiveseven808,

Please use this command to see if tk1 read your display edid.
sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegradc.1/edid

Don’t know if you found the EDID data mentioned above or not, it would be informative. In terms of GRUB, only desktop PCs use GRUB (or, perhaps a better descriptions, motherboards with a PC style BIOS or UEFI). So for example, RPi also do not have GRUB. When you don’t have BIOS/UEFI, then the boot loader itself must take over that functionality and be custom to the specific board.