Setting up wifi Access Point on TX1

Greetings Wayne,

Thanks for your suggestion.

My laptop is dual boot between Ubuntu 16 and Windows 7 Professional. It’s connecting to the AP in Windows but interestingly enough I am not given an IP address.

Then I also tried to connect with an iPad (which I have never tried before), but that didn’t work: it asks for WPA2 authentication, and then it’s just showing the buffering symbol, but no connection.

Please try to assign the IP manually when you use win7. The IP issue is a known problem of compatibility between windows and ubuntu.

Also, please remove your WPA2 authentication setting first to check if it is related. (Try iPad, ubuntu 16 or anything else)

-Wayne

Thank you for your guidance Wayne, I am new to debugging hostapd issues.

So indeed, with WPA2 authentication removed, I am able to connect to the AP (from any device)

It’s a “full working connection” - as in ‘I am able to ssh into the Jetson and do all the stuff I usually need to do’ (the Jetson TX1 is embedded in a rover btw)

While I am currently not as much worried about security as I am about catching up with time lost on my project, I would like to put some cycles aside to address the authentication issue in order to get to the bottom of this. I have no idea why I suddenly had these WPA2 authentication issues. I have mainly been working with ROS and keeping the distribution up-to-date, but didn’t make any modifications to hostapd.conf

I’m interested in this as well. I’ve gone through all of the available topics I can find one how to get a list of client connection information, but the only thing that seems to work in the ‘iw dev wlan0 station dump’ command, which returns nothing (but doesn’t error either).

Specifically, I’m looking for client hw addresses, and signal strength/quality indicators. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Hi IrishHayZeus,

TX1 wifi driver does not support qurey the signal strength and it is not included in future release currently.

Hi Guys,

I am building an application on Jetson TX2 for which I require the functionality of Wifi access point. I need the hotspot to automatically start on boot. To achieve this task I followed the thread mentioned by a_faraz09.

The Wifi access point seems to work fine sometimes. But at times, I am not able to connect to the access point from another devices such as a mobile phone with the following message " Failed to get IP address"

Could you please help me out?

Thanks

Follow the link for creating Jetson TX2 as Wireless Access Point or Wireless Hotspot.

Hi,

So, I am also trying to set up a hotspot on my TX2 as well, and I followed the steps in

and for some reason, I lose all internet connection, both ethernet and wifi, and no wifi pops up to even connect with. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please help.