ShaderDebugInfoCallback() sometimes is not called when crashing

In my vulkan application, sometimes, the shader debug file (*.nvbg) is not generated (ShaderDebugInfoCallback is not called), as a result, I can not get the shader source crash info. Anyone knows the reason? Thanks!

Hi yucrazing,

We only call the ShaderDebugInfoCallback if the exception is shader unit related. If the exception happens in another unit, then we don’t make that call so as to reduce the amount of work to be done, since the exception didn’t involve any shaders. If you see this and the exception is in the shader unit, please let us know and we can certainly investigate.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply!

In Nsight Graphics, I can see that there is a shader running when the exception happens. How can I determine whether the exception is related to this shader or not?

Hi yucrazing,

I would need to see the Dump Info to know the rest of the details, but as I mentioned, we only dump the shader information if the exception was related to the shader units, so it is likely, yes. Given that it is the only shader running at that moment, the first inclination (barring additional information) would be that it is involved.

Jeff