Shadows being left behind in smart record videos

Please see this video sample which was recorded by smart record. Notice how a shadow of the person gets left behind. What could be the cause of this? I notice it every now and then in my recordings with smartrecord but most of the time the videos are perfect.

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version 5.01
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Question/Bug
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing) I do not know - if I record hundreds of small smart record video clips a few of them will have this issue!

Hi,
Not sure but it looks like it is RTSP source. For RTSP source, the video frames are decoded like:

rtspsrc ! 2tph264depay ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! ...

It looks like sometimes the source does not provide valid streams so that the
video frames are not well decoded, and it persists until receiving next IDR frame. Please check if network is not stable sometimes. Or try to set smaller IDR interval so that the corruption can last for shorter time.

It is an RTSP source. Hikvision cameras. Sorry - I should have mentioned that. ;-)

Hikvision cameras do not have a setting to allow you to change the IDR rate interval. They only allow changing the fps and I-frame interval.
So I guess they have some internal logic that sets the IDR to every so many I-frames maybe. So decreasing the I-frame interval should help then.
Its hard to test as the issue only occurs intermittently.