Sharing internet from my Ubuntu laptop to the Jetson AGX Xavier with ssh

I was used to share internet from my Ubuntu laptop with the the AGX Xavier board only with the ssh, after restarting the board many times when i was working with, i was not able to have access to internet anymore with ssh, i tried to reset the networks setting of the Jetson but that did not solve the problem

PS : I am only using a type C cable to link my laptop to the Jetson

There is some configaration i should do to get access to internet back ? what i am missing ?

Chakib

If you have a connection between host PC and Jetson via ssh, then the Jetson itself has complete setup. The host PC itself is what determines if internet connection sharing is allowed. It sounds like you do have a connection between PC and Jetson, but the Jetson cannot use the internet as a whole. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

The actual setup app will change depending on host PC’s release version and Linux distribution, but assuming it is Ubuntu 18.04, here is a useful URL:
https://georgeudosennigeria.wordpress.com/2018/08/21/sharing-network-resource-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver/

Notice in one of the images of that URL the check box for “Make available to other users”. I have not checked recently, but this should be the part which allows the forwarding.

@linuxdev thanks for your answer, i tried the steps of the url you provided me but that didn’t solve the problem, i tried this solution with two different PC host, so maybe the problem is the configuration of the board ?
Because once i restarted it and it did a lot of updates during the reboot …

when i try to ping www.google.fr the ouput is :
ping: www.google.fr: Name or service not known

And when i try to open a page on chrome i have :
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

The problem come from the host PC and it occured after rebooting it so the solution is to check the IP adress of the host PC compared to the wifi to which it is connected with the command :

ip a

and and then you get this address, the OUTPUT is :

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/loopback ////////////////////////
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: enp0s25: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether ////////////////////////////////
3: wlo1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether //////////////////////
inet 192.168.XX.XX/XX brd 192.168.XX.XX scope global dynamic noprefixroute wlo1
valid_lft 6390sec preferred_lft 6390sec
inet6 //////////////////////// scope link noprefixroute
85: enp0s20u2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether ///////////////////////////////
inet 192.168.XX.XXX/XX brd 192.168.XX.XXX scope global dynamic noprefixroute enp0s20u2
valid_lft 11sec preferred_lft 11sec
inet6 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX scope link noprefixroute
86: enp0s20u2i5: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether ba://///////////////////////////////
inet6 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX scope link noprefixroute

You take the inet address which is in 3.wlo1 and which is in bold in the example I gave and use this command :

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlo1 -j SNAT --to 192.168.XX.XX

192.168.XX.XX is the IP adress you obtained earlier with the command ( ip a )

To make sure that will work, you can use this command to verify that you are sending data with ip adress you set before :

tcpdump -i wlo1 icmp -n

OUTPUT :
14:57:25.538120 IP 192.168.XX.XX > 208.XX.XXX.XXX: ICMP echo request, id 19243, seq 9, length 64

In my case it solved the problem !