Simulation camera aperature vs. camera field-of-view

To make our digital twin of the robot more accurate I wanted to make sure the simulated camera is the same as the real camera. However I can’t figure out how the parameters like vertical aperature and horizontal aperature relate to the usual parameters that can be found on the datasheet of for example the realsense d435 (e.g. FoV).

I’m guessing there is a formula to relate aperature to FoV, but I’m struggling to find it.

Hi @salmi.chadi , does this documentation help with your request? Cameras — Omniverse Robotics documentation

Hi, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I have a better understanding of how to fill in the correct aperature values.

However, I’m still a little confused on how this was calculated for the Realsense camera model in the built-in Leonardo demo, where the aperature values look as follows:
Screenshot from 2023-01-02 16-34-26

Which would suggest the film width/height of the sensor is 26.82 x 15.09 micrometers. Yet reading from the datasheet of the sensor used in the realsense d435, the image area is
2728.8 x 1549.8 micrometers. Do you have an idea on where the change in order of magnitude and slight difference in values originates from?

Thanks in advance!