Sleep and Deep Sleep (SC7)

Hi

From Jetson TX2 docs and descriptions from NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Software Features:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/power_management_tx2_32.html#wwpID0E0PT0HA

I deduced the following result:

There are two different sleep modes:

• Sleep mode
  • Deep Sleep mode (SC7)

-Sleep mode can be entered by a short press of the power button, or a press of the Sleep (VOL DOWN) button. The system will awakes from the sleep mode with a short press of the power button.

-Deep Sleep mode (SC7) can be initiated using the following command:

sudo systemctl suspend

and be exited using wake capable pins listed in table 11 of the Jetson TX2 product design guide file, or other mechanisms listed in the following table:

1- Is this correct?

2- Is there any sleep (low power) mode that the systems power consumption goes below, for example, 200 mW, but yet it can listen to the CAN bus and wake from sleep? I know there is a CAN_WAKE signal, but it will respond to any CAN message on the bus. I seek for a state that the system be in low power mode, and listen to the CAN bus, and if a specific CAN message was received, it awake from the sleep.

hello AliHaeri,

that’s correct, the table listed show the common wake sources available on Jetson platforms.
you may route the CAN_WAKE for the usage.

Thanks for the answer.

What about my second question?
Is there any sleep (low power) mode that the systems power consumption goes below, for example, 200 mW, but yet it can listen to the CAN bus and wake from sleep?

hello AliHaeri,

it’s deep sleep (SC7), you may route the CAN_WAKE to those available common wake sources as hardware wake events.

Hi JerryChang.

Yes I know that SC7, but I seek for a sleep mode in which the Jetson wakes from sleep in response to a specific CAN message, not in response to every bus activity.

Is it possible?

hello AliHaeri,

it’s usually using hardware interrupts, such as hotplug, or card detection as wake sources.
I don’t have experience to use CAN as wake sources, but I don’t think a specific CAN message is doable.

Hi.

Thank you JerryChang.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.