Snap Tool not working (issue with /rtx-transient/scenedb/useUniformsReindexing)

Whenever I try to use the Snap Tool nothing happens. I noticed that I get this warning message in the console, so I think this should be the cause of the problem:
[Warning] [omni.kit.tool.measure.interface._widgets] Vertex, Edge and Mid Point snap requires `/rtx-transient/scenedb/useUniformsReindexing` setting to be true

How can I change this setting to “true” to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!

@victor.ramirez i never took notice of this setting discrepancy between the OV apps, and you are correct Isaac Sim does seem to have it off by default whereas Composer has this on. not sure why, so i’ll defer to the mods/devs.

here’s how you can turn it on permanently through the .kit file:

1. navigate to the .kit file for Isaac Sim in either…

Windows - %localappdata%\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2023.1.1\apps\omni.isaac.sim.base.kit
Linux - ~/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2023.1.1\apps\omni.isaac.sim.base.kit

1. insert the following snippet:
rtx-transient.scenedb.useUniformsReindexing = true

1. and restart Isaac Sim to see those options enabled

there could be other ways to enable this config, such as tweaking the .json file found in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ov\data\Kit\Isaac-Sim or ~/.local/share/ov/data/Kit/Isaac-Sim, so i’ll let others chime in.

The Snap Tool still does not work as shown in the video below; nevertheless, I applied the change you suggested and the error message is no longer appearing in the Console. What else can I do to fix this? @Simplychenable

I noticed that snapping works for other objects, but not for placing Joints. Does someone know what could be causing this issue?

ah, the setting i mentioned has more to do with the snapping in specifically the measurement tool, so i apologize for the confusion. the warning has nothing to do with why snapping doesn’t work with the revolute join as you had originally speculated; it’s a separate ‘issue’.

and unfortunately as someone who doesn’t work a lot with joints, i’ll have to defer to the devs/mods or more experienced user(s) to provide additional insight as to how you could workaround this.

1 Like