software update on nano

Hi,

For OTA update. can we parition emmc to be A/B chain and only flash one chain and boot from it?

Thanks

Hi terry8uwg2,

Nano eMMC bootloader has redundancy built in. In the upcoming release, bootloader supports fail-safe OTA upgrade. User can upgrade BSP+JetPack through OTA.

Is there document to describe current OTA path as I want to deploy our own software through software update.

Thanks

Hi terry8uwg2,

L4T provides an over-the-air software update service (OTA Update) that uses Debian Package archives. After you have upgraded L4T to Release 32.3, you can use this service to upgrade any packages you have installed, and to install new ones.

If your platform is Jetson Nano and its software resides on an SD card with JP 4.2.x (L4T R32.2.x), you can upgrade L4T to JP 4.3 (L4T R32.3) with OTA Update.

Detail will be at public document with JP 4.3 release.

Thanks.

May I ask when L4T R32.3 will be released ?

I saw also document mentioned Bootloader Update and A/B Redundancy.

–does A/B redundancy update support for both Jetson nano DEV kits and Jetson nano module ?

–will L4T OTA udpate service ultize A/B redudancy underneath to flash?

Hi terry8uwg2

May I ask when L4T R32.3 will be released ?
We plan to have it published before the end of this year.

in this new release. will OTA update update A OR B chain on Jetson Nano ? I am trying to understand the connection between the OTA service that use debian package archives and A/B Redundancy on Jetson Nano.

also can you reply my previous question --does A/B redundancy update support for both Jetson nano DEV kits and Jetson nano module ?

Thanks

hello terry8uwg2,

please waiting for next public release (i.e. JetPack-4.3 / l4t-r32.3) for the formal information of JetPack OTA update.

it’s a software feature, no matter for Jetson-Nano Dev-kits and Jetson-Nano module.
if you’re based-on JetPack-4.2 release on Nano platform, then you’ll able to have online update to the next public release.
thanks