[Solved] Connection between Host PC and Drive PX2 - Ethernet

Hello,

Device: DrivePX2, Driveworks 0.6, DriveInstall 5.0.5.0

I have cross compiled the samples folder on the host pc. I want to transfer these data to the PX2.
I want to create a local area connection between the Host PC and the DrivePX2 via Ethernet so that ssh or scp commands can be used.

The documentation in /path/to/driveworks/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_samples_building.html suggests ‘make upload’. This however returns the following error irrespective of which network port is used.

– Installing: /usr/local/bin/sample_calibration_camera
– Set runtime path of “/usr/local/bin/sample_calibration_camera” to “”
– Installing: /usr/local/bin/sample_vehicleio
– Set runtime path of “/usr/local/bin/sample_vehicleio” to “”
ssh: connect to host 192.168.10.10 port 22: Connection timed out
CMakeFiles/upload.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/upload’ failed
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/upload] Error 255
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/upload.dir/all’ failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/upload.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:74: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/upload.dir/rule’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/upload.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target ‘upload’ failed
make: *** [upload] Error 2

Regards,
Serin

Hi,

After some debugging the error is because the IP address of the drive PX2 is not 192.168.10.10 but 192.168.0.96.

Where can this be changed for the make upload to work?

Thanks

Dear serinvarghese,

If DPX2 is connected HostPC directly via ethernet interface, please refer to below setting. Thanks.

HOST PC
$sudo ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.15 netmask 255.255.255.0

DrivePX2
$sudo ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.16 netmask 255.255.255.0

File transfer from HOST PC to DrivePX2
$sudo scp file_name nvidia@10.0.0.16:/home/nvidia/Downloads/

Hi SteveNV,

Thank you for the reply. I tried your solution and it works. :)

I found another workaround too, for anyone else facing the same problems. The IP can be updated in the build/CMakefiles/upload.dir/build.make file

# Utility rule file for upload.

# Include the progress variables for this target.
include CMakeFiles/upload.dir/progress.make

CMakeFiles/upload:
	/usr/bin/cmake --build /home/px2host/tempbuild --target install
	sshpass -p nvidia ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -p 22 nvidia@192.168.0.96 mkdir\ -p\ /home/nvidia/driveworks
	sshpass -p nvidia rsync --progress -rltgDz -e ssh\ -p\ 22 /usr/local/ nvidia@192.168.0.96:/home/nvidia/driveworks/

upload: CMakeFiles/upload
upload: CMakeFiles/upload.dir/build.make

make upload runs successfully and transfers the files to the DrivePX2!

Dear serinvarghese,

Thank you for your update and sharing the info.

Hello All,
I would like know how to manage manual upload to drive px2. Actually I made it using following code

HOST PC
$sudo ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.15 netmask 255.255.255.0

DrivePX2
$sudo ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.16 netmask 255.255.255.0

File transfer from HOST PC to DrivePX2
$sudo scp file_name nvidia@10.0.0.16:/home/nvidia/Downloads/

but whenever I want to run my own sample on px2 it is giving error : cannot execute binary files. Exec format error. Any help will be highly appretiated.
Thanks

Dear mehmed.yueksel,
Please make sure you cross compile the driveworks sample using instruction provided at file:///usr/local/driveworks-0.6/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_samples_building.html

Hi
My host PC is windows and I am trying to ssh into PX2 Tegra A or B via Putty. This is just for files transfer. The IP config is 10.141.14.45 for Tegra A and I am not able to Ping it from windows 10. Any help is appreciated …!!

Dear adithya,
Can you please check the IP address of the Drive PX2 and make sure both are part of same network.

Hi Siva - I have my display connected to tegra A and ifconfig shows the IP to be 10.141.14.45. I still cannot ping the target from my windows PC. Should I configure anything on PX2 side ?

Dear adithya,
If both HOST and Drive PX2 are in same network, you should be able to ping with out any issue.

Hi Siva - This is solved ! It was more of an issue from hard wiring and switches that was causing IP issues ! Thanks.