I’ve been having freezing and crashing for my computer when running certain programs. It is likely due to video drivers or graphics card compatibility, since I used to run this rig with a GTX 670 and recently upgraded to a GTX 750ti SC. Unfortunately, I am not well versed on the hardware side, and therefore I do not have as much insight into what the issue may be myself.
- Running graphically intensive games causes the system to freeze, tested with Borderlands 2 and Shadow Warrior 2013.
- Certain online services such as VoIP and livestreams seem to cause freezing after a short duration of running, including Mumble and Twitch.tv
- Low intensity games, such as simple 2D games, do not affect the computer. This includes simple 2D games running with WINE. Tested with Undertale.
- A possibly related item, sometimes font will corrupt or letters will disappear, as visualized here.
- The only issue with installing the drivers had to do with the pre-installation scripts failing, however the drivers reported that they were successfully installed.
I have uploaded my nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file here for review, created post
Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide or if I am needed to take any action.
Haha so hilarious story this was actually caused by dust on the PCIe connections so this is actually a non-issue so let’s just forget I ever asked.