[SOLVED] Sample: camera_gmsl_custom not working

Hello,

I tried several possibilities to set the config-file for the sample camera_gmsl_custom of driveworks0.6 . But my Sekonix-Camera SS3323 is not working with this sample (with other samples, it is working). What did I wrong in the config-file?
Here is my config-file:

-#This is an example camera.cfg file. This sets gmsl camera sensor parameters for integrating with custom boards
required-framerate = 30
camera-mask = 0000
csiOut = 3210
#board = P2382-a01
board = E2379a-c01
module-name = ref_max9286_96705_ar0231rccb
resolution = 1920x1208
input-format = raw12
interface = csi-ab
camera-count = 1
slave = false
# I2CDevice: 7 for csi-ab, 2 for csi-cd
i2cDevice = 7
desAddr = 0x48
brdcstSerAddr = 0x40
brdcstSensorAddr = 0x10
enableEmbLines = true
enableSimulator = false
initialized = false
crossCSISync = false

The given error-message is:

Driveworks exception thrown: DW_INVALID_ARGUMENT: CameraGMSL: Sensor does not support requested output types

Any hints, how to solve this?

(If I change the module-name to ref_max9286_96705_ar0231 (without rccb), the error message is

Driveworks exception thrown: DW_SAL_CANNOT_CREATE_SENSOR: CameraGMSL: cannot connect to camera

)

Dear felix.elrod,
Can you file a bug for your topic?
Please login to https://developer.nvidia.com/drive with your credentials. Please check MyAccount->MyBugs->Submit a new bug to file bug.
Please share ID here to follow up. Thanks.

Dear SteveNV,
I just posted this issue in the Bug-Tracker with the ID 2096969.
Best regards,
Felix

I am one step further:
I changed the hard-coded output-format in the function initSensors() of the file main.cpp to ‘raw12’. Now the sensor gets initialized and starts operating, but there is the next error message (thsi message is shown for each frame, but no frames are displayed):

readFrameNvMedia: DW_NOT_AVAILABLE
Driveworks exception thrown: DW_INVALID_ARGUMENT: FormatConverter (nvmedia): invalid input arguments

copyConvertNvMedia: DW_INVALID_ARGUMENT

I figured out, that this error was given from dwSensorCamera_getImageNvMedia() of the captureCamera() function in the same file. But why? What do I have to change to get this sample running?

Felix

Dear felix.elrod,
The error is with dwImageFormatConvert_copyConvertNvmedia as it does not support RAW to RGBA conversion. Please check camera_gsml_raw sample to convert raw to RGBA. It uses an extra imageStreamer to convert Nvmedia → CUDA.

Dear SivaRamaKrishna,

thank you very much for your very helpful reply! I finally managed to include the ExtImgDev-Part from the camera_gmsl_custom project to the camera_gmsl_raw project and now it’s working. Thank you!

For improiving the samples for the next releases, please add a commend that this sample is not working with the ar0231 sensors OR improve it to support this sensor type. This would have saved me some days of work… Thanks.