While trying to run the debugger for the first time on my Gentoo box I ran into the following problems:
- when trying to connect to localhost the debugger always failed with the following message:
[Error] ileonte@localhost:22 connection failed.
The only way that I found to work around that was to add my own public key to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys and use an empty password in the debugger connect dialog
- once connected the debugger can't find any processes to attach to - the list in the 'Attach' tab is always empty and whenever I switch to that tab the following line is added to the log:
[Status] No attachable processes found
- when launching a program from the 'Launch' tab the debugger would crash with the following error:
/home/ileonte/work/projects/install/nvdbg/nvidia-gfx-debugger.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha256
To work around this I had to modify the ‘nvidia-gfx-debugger’ script - I added the following line between the ‘export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=…’ line and the ‘if’ statement:
Some other minor issues I found:
- the entries from the list inside the 'Select your target platform' dialog can only be activated with the mouse (pressing Enter on them does nothing, only double-clicking seems to work)
- the file selector in the 'Launch' tab doesn't remember the last selection so I'm forced to always navigate to my program on each launch
- whenever I press the 'Capture frame' button after launching my application I get the following warning: http://i.imgur.com/FZjL9dS.png Thus far pressing 'Ok' has always worked for me without any visible problems but who knows.